Your Skin: Requires More Hydration, Healthy Fats of Just a Good Scrub?
You’re looking at your skin and wondering why it appears very dry, dull or lacking that “oomph”. Listed below are several potential reasons for dry skin. Sometimes you may not realize that your skin may require more fats and/or just more water.
- Over-accumulation of dead skin on your skin’s surface? At times your skin appears so dry that you constantly add more lotion or cream without improvement. Dry skin may be a result of too much dead skin, which prevents skin from properly absorbing all nutrients in your natural lotions, body butters or fast-absorbing body oils. It acts as a barrier. Think of your heels in particular. You will notice neither lotion nor cream serve a purpose for severely dry feet. Your solution? A quality foot scrubber for feet (usually found at higher-end spas for purchase) is greatly beneficial. Also, a quality body scrub is ideal as well for the rest of your body. Pumice stone as an ingredient is an effective scrub for most bodies and usually provides enough scrubbing action to remove accumulated dry skin. Have patience. Results may need to take a week to see a great difference. Use every other day for good results.
- Is your skin more dry after a summer vacation? A day at the beach or a family vacation in the Caribbean is amazing to improve your vitamin D status, but an over-exposure to heat and the Sun’s rays may leave your skin peeling. To assist in the sloughing action try another great solution by using a hand glove scrub. You may add your favourite soap to the hand glove and scrub your body. These hand gloves can be found at most stores such as your local general store (i.e. Shoppers Drug Mart), beauty stores and great ones can be found even at the dollar store (i.e. Dollarama). Ensure to hang dry after each use and allow great ventilation (i.e. not in your shower) to ensure they properly dry and not breed bacteria while in your moist shower.
- Dry skin may require better hydration. In this case, the solution is two-fold. First, a lotion would be best as lotion has a higher amount of water than a cream. A simple test may be to look at your hands throughout the day: do your hands have that shrivelled look as though you’ve been sitting in a long bath? If so, your body is most likely parched. And lotion may not be the only solution. It is best to drink up some quality spring water and re-hydrate internally too.
- Dry skin may require more fats. Interestingly, some of the most important vitamins for your skin are fat-soluble vitamins. Have you ever heard of Vitamin D, E or A? Vitamin D is manufactured on your skin when exposed to the Sun, Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant and Vitamin A keeps your skin healthy. All of these aforementioned wonder vitamins require fat to be absorbed in your body. Solutions? Eat some fat! Don’t be afraid of the good fats as your body needs it for every cell, as well as your skin and the components that make up your cells and organs. Also, another outer solution is to use body oils or creams. Again, creams have a higher fat-content than lotions; thus, will better serve skin lacking fats.
- LUXORIA SOLUTIONS: *To exfoliate dead skin: Use Oil+Cloth Cleansing with COCO LOVE: Orange Bliss or COCO LOVE: Vanilla Rose Kisses. See the article entitled “Successful Marriage of Oil+Cloth” for proper tips in gentle exfoliation. *To deal with dehydrated skin: Use Dewy Face Moisturizer as it is more lotion base and contains aloe extract (aloe vera is very hydrating and light for the skin. The aloe vera plant is over 90% water). *To deal with skin lacking fats: Use Radiance Creme as it is rich with nutrients such as beta-carotenes in a deluxe cream base. *To deal with skin lacking both water and fats: again lotion is your best bet as it contains both fats and sufficient water components.
- Your skin is your shining beautiful mantle. It’s the first aspect that a person sees of you. Also, it is your first line of defence against microbes. Dry skin easily cracks, which may allow bacteria into your body. Keep your inner terrain adequately satisfied in order to keep your outer mantle supple & nice. Taking care of skin externally definitely aids your issues, but remember to enhance skin from the inside as well.
* These statements and products have not been evaluated by a governmental health body. For Full Disclaimer, Please Click Here.